By MarketBeat Staff
Dow Industrials, down 251.50 points this week, or 2.20% to 11192.58.
- Biggest weekly point and percent drop in three months, since the week ended August 13.
- Seventh largest weekly drop this year.
- Today, it fell 90.52 points, or 0.80%.
- Today’s top contributors to the Dow’s movement and their point contribution: DIS (14.30), INTC (2.42), KFT (1.21), KO (0.91), PG (-0.23).
- Today’s laggers and their point contribution: BA (-17.26), IBM (-12.79), CAT (-10.60), HPQ (-6.43), MCD (-6.43).
Nasdaq Composite, fell 60.77 points this week, or 2.36% to 2518.21.
- Snaps a string of five consecutive weeks of gains.
- Largest weekly point and percent drop since the week ended August 13.
- Today, it fell 37.31 points, or 1.46%.
S&P 500, down 26.64 points this week, or 2.17% to 1199.21.
- Like the Nasdaq, this is its first weekly decline in six weeks.
- Biggest point and percent drop since the week ended August 13.
- Today, it fell 14.33 points, or 1.18%.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.